the gypsy life

Sunday, November 12, 2006

phasechange - november 13, 2006

this phase change within the bigger phase change is curious, fascinating, frustrating, terrifying, uplifting, joyful, sad and did i mention terrifying? it's time for the real toe-dip in india. tomorrow, i leave the relative safety and comfort of boudhanath in nepal for the first time in 2 1/2 months. i'll be visiting 4 relatively rural parts of india, then muslim bangladesh. i'm expecting to be even less comfortable.

i was reminded today of a recurring, multi-level dream about lightswitches that used to terrify me in a way that can't be given word form, but i wrote a little something about it here. i've had only one dream in kathmandu worth mentioning. so i'm mentioning it only. details are pointless right now.

i'm not sure about computer access, so perhaps won't be blogging anything until i'm back in Kathmandu in early December.

i have serious concerns about whether all of my e-mails are making it to the recipients, though i get no messages indicating a problem. if you haven't heard from me, this may be the problem.

to all of you who support and inspire me and always on this journey.....

tashi delek

4 Comments:

  • allan.

    i hope this trip is living up to all of the expectations you had.

    i envy your being away every day.

    your posts are wonderful..

    take care

    By Blogger jarthurs, at 8:10 a.m.  

  • speaking of lightswitches, everywhere I've been so far, "down" seems to mean "on"... I don't know why this continues to confuse me. Could there be deeper significance to this than I'm aware of? Hmmm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 p.m.  

  • I had a dream that Kristin Bell (Actress) and I were in Mexico and I had a cat on my shoulders, that was in heat, and then another cat jumped on my back wanting to mate with the cat on my shoulders.

    It was disturbing.

    -I got your e-mail in response to "Five by Five" - that was the last I ever got. Life got big - so I haven't had a chance to respond.

    I'm glad you exist.

    Dan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 a.m.  

  • Apropos of nothing (this phrase, I believe, will be on my tombstone): Recently at Chateau Lake Louise a bunch of students from Alta/Sask/BC business colleges/faculties held something called 'The Western Business Games', which were basically an excuse to run riot, drunkenly, at said establishment. Not only did the RCMP had to be called to quell the disturbance, but extra detachments were necessary. I heard two officers report. One said that 'excessive alcohol was involved'; another stated that 'students were gathered in the hallways in their underwear attempting dangerous stunts'. I just about drove off the road when I heard this - it seemed so 'Cec' (my dearly departed father). I mean, what were they 'attempting'? Forming pyramids? Leapfrogging? Towel-snapping?

    And, as always, your writing continues to compel.

    Peace, Brutha

    By Blogger regis, at 11:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home